It was many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know.

Thursday, July 22

Of Cabbages and Kings.

dreams:
i've tried to make a point of not writing about my dreams here because they are really only interesting to one person: me. but waking up this morning and realizing magic isn't real was absolutely terrible.

in my dream last night i went to an old castle somewhere out in the hills of virginia where they set up a harry potter tour. as it turned out, the whole tour was a front for an actual magical community. brian, lauren and i were on the tour and the castle started filling up with water really fast. the "tour guide" told us to follow him and we climbed over the roof and into a secret courtyard where a tired looking hagrid sat at a long wooden table. he was sick of having to be so careful about hiding his magical powers and was asking to us about helping him. then my mom called us for dinner and we had to hide this from our parents but my dad suspected brian was involved with magic and called the police on him. the dream ended with me running through my court to try and warn brian and then i woke up. there were a few exciting seconds when i woke up thinking i had an important mission, and then i realized everything was a dream. damn.


flowers:
last night i hosted book club. alli put the idea in my head of getting fresh flowers because we saw pretty hydrangeas at trader joe's. so, i stopped by the foggy bottom farmer's market and picked out flowers from the LynnVale Studios stand. all of the flowers are grown in Virginia and they put together the most beautiful boquets that look like wildflowers. i picked some deep purple lisianthus', a fuscia zinnia and a cute sunflower.

budget aside, i think i'd like to get them every once and a while. some of the vegetables are just as pretty as the flowers and i couldn't even imagine actually eating purple heirloom carrots.

the beach:
i'm going to the Sandbridge with my mom's side of the family this weekend and i am EXCITED. Sandbridge is great because it's not very popular so the beaches aren't packed and there are still shells and wildlife. you can find the occasional sandollar and once a manatee swam right by us on the far side of the pier. you can see dolphins early in the morning and there's not much competition running after the ice cream truck. seeing all my cousins is great and i can finally put aside some time to read the omnivore's dilemma (drew, you can stop nagging me now).

3 comments:

  1. how about old dried out flowers, those are nice too

    ReplyDelete
  2. true, i put the new flowers right next to the old ones. it was like life and death. book club at my place is deep as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooollly moses best dream evahh!! Also thanks for the fresh flowers credit!!!! I looove fresh flowers. Maybe you can help me pick out french themed ones for Lady Chatterly's lover? I thought lavender but that was my only idea.

    ReplyDelete