It was many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know.

Tuesday, May 3

Goodbye Lake Anna


We already said goodbye and made toasts and poured really nice champagne into the lake on a bright Easter morning. There's not much else to say here that hasn't been said and remembered with the people that made me laugh so hard I cried about the. stupidest. things. Even really not very funny things, like the lake eating my sunglasses, firework accidents and belly-flopping from a rope swing into 3 feet of water.

I'm going to miss that nervous rush right before jumping into the cold lake. I'll miss pushing marshmellows onto a stick, swinging in the hammock until I was slightly nauseous, sleeping in a bunk bed made of fake logs and canoeing zig zags to buy ice cream sandwiches.

The thing is I've really only been going to the Lake House for about 4 years, but it seems like something more than a time frame or a vacation house. Something more like a place where I could act like a kid and Mrs. Kelly would make us lasagna and we'd fall asleep to the Disney Channel. Something more like a haven where you forget about the pressures of finding a job after graduation to sit around a bonfire, drinking a case of really really cheap wine. Now that it's ending, I feel like I'm being forced to grow up but I'm just not ready.

I think I'll always feel like I'm 12 when I'm with Monica and that's probably better than a Lake House, but I'm going to miss this place for realz guys.

2 comments:

  1. Kerry, this is great, and I am really glad you and many of Monica's friends got a few chances to enjoy the good life at The LKA Haus. I will miss you guys growing up, but it's time to move on to a grander Beach Haus in SLO Country, and I expect to see you there!

    Your Dad in Law, Mr. Kelly.

    ReplyDelete