It was many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know.

Monday, January 25

I Let My Arms Swing

iphoto

Last week was truly awful. It was 5 days of self-pity and watching Twilight so i could fall asleep. This considered, no one is more surprised than me how my outlook has turned around.


Today is good, really good. I think i had to have everything happen last week to make today seem so great. Was it worth it? Hell no, but guess what. I'm moving into an apartment in Georgetown, i no longer have a 3 hour commute AND it's 65 degrees and sunny outside right now. This calls for some exclamation points !!!!!

After utilizing my Monday morning by making ONE calendar update, i said Kerry, you need a break. Today would be a good day to try out that Anacostia River Walk. As i was walking i took my hands out of my pockets. I swung those things we call arms and took a stroll to the river. Whilst strolling, i forced a line of Marines carrying rifles onto the other side of the sidewalk and even after that, they called me M'am (i'd like to be m'ammed more often). Rather than alarming me, this made me feel safe because maybe i took a wrong left turn, if you know what i mean, and maybe i saw a man chugging his 24 Loco at 1:30 in the afternoon so he could get on the bus. If you don't know what i mean by a wrong left turn, please refer to my River Walk/abandoned building picture at the top of this post.

The Anacostia River folks, it aint pretty, it's dirty. Luckily the Marine Corps Barracks was blasting marching band music from their speakers, so i sat down in the sun on the sidewalk, took off my jacket and listened for a while before making the dreaded walk back to my cube.

But i won't stay here past 4 and you can't make me!

1 comment: