It was many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know.

Monday, April 26

georgetown

georgetown is more of a neighborhood than i ever expected it to be.

i know having the opportunity to live in georgetown is a dream and that i will probably not be able to live in an area this posh until, well, ever, but part of me was afraid it would be filled with snobby people and the lifeless expensive places that cater to them.

it turns out that the uneven brick sidewalks that slant down to the waterfront have really charmed me. i've found good places that make me feel like i'm making georgetown home. quiet places, places where dogs hang out, places for groceries (trader joe's!) and places for a drink and trivia (and the ocassional dance party). i've seen people that frequent these places, and that make it feel that i live in a neighborhood. people like the homeless man that can quote Julius Ceasar and is afraid of storms and the man that walks his well-behaved chocolate lab leashless at all hours of the night and day.

this place, uptown valet, i just found last week when i finally decided i couldn't get through the spring if i didn't take my work skirts to the dry cleaners.

while i was in there waiting to pick up my clothes (i lost my damn ticket and they had to search for the bunch with a yellow sweater), everyone seemed to know eachother. above is a picture of the matchmaking wall. they take polaroids of the willing and single customers and will set them up. isn't that cute?

hey alli, need anything drycleaned?

1 comment:

  1. YES!!!! And I also need to be set up on a date. Do they do alterations too?? Seriously, I'm bringing my shit over.

    ReplyDelete