It was many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know.

Wednesday, August 4

who misses sweaters?

i'm done with this heat.
i'm done walking to the metro and sweating among all the cool capitol hill interns as i try and fan myself with the Express, really only smudging ink all over my fingers.

i'm starting to think in earth tones and i almost lost it the other day when a breeze blew a crunchy leaf into my path. i litearlly teared up a bit in anticiaption of maybe my favorite thing in the world (besides you know who) (koa):

AUTUMN

mother earth, it is time. if you don't believe me, look at the anthropologie catalog:


if you still don't believe me, listen to the new Arcade Fire album.

so listen, here's the deal. you start crisping this weather up, keep the drear going, start firming all your branches for the back to school #2s and i'll start watching The Crucible and looking for a burnt-red sweater. done.

No comments:

Post a Comment