It was many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know.

Friday, August 20

iphone: sandbridge


every day my uncle john would get down to the beach really early and set up an umbrella and a chair (this uncle also happens to make the best bloody marys)
i love getting to the beach before 9am when it's calm and the only other people out are walking their dogs.
the sun isn't blazing and you actually feel like you can concentrate on your book.
this is also one of the best times to see dolphins; my family has an obsession with dolphins. we are on 24/7 dolphin alert and whenever they are seen on the horizon you can bet someone is rushing to get the kyack into the ocean. my dad likes to mock this and send out false dolphin calls.
this summer was a little different because i couldn't take the whole week of vacation. luckily i was there long enough for pumpkin muffins, the annual delinquent oyster and beer lunch, a tan (suburn), a ping-pong whipping, and a visit to my grandparents house in virginia beach.

i'm going to put up the few pictures i took on my camera soon and i sincerely hope that this is the last of my posts that reflects the summer. (fallllll. where are you? i'm tired of turning the AC up and shutting myself in my room so i can wear sweaters and listen to iron & wine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment