It was many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know.

Thursday, January 20

Bistrot du Coin

the decision

a great bar

Escargot and Cote du Rhone on the zinc bar.



Yes yes, I know they are a bit blurry and a lot dark, but I'm not about to fight against a dimly lit bistrot, rather, encourage it and my hand aint' so steady.

Green glass bottles, snails absolutely swimming in garlic and butter and glasses and glasses of red wine. It's less like Dupont Circle and more like Le Marais. But I can also walk back to my apartment in less than 10 minutes (dangerous-especially when they begin to throw open their front windows).
I wish the servers had been French, is that unfair? I just wanted to hear one obnoxiously untouched French accent, though, Alli and I did make a point of reading the wine list in French accents while we were waiting for a table. It makes me crazy that Alli has a better French accent without ever having taken a class than me, having taken 8 years of French. She is making a great deciding face in the first picture and yes, Alli is one of those people that actually makes those kinds of faces in real life.

Can we all just agree to go to Paris sometime?

1 comment: