It was many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know.

Wednesday, January 12

My Boots







Georgetown snow in the early morning

Finally, a little bit of snow. It makes the buttons and zippers and gloves and breathing deeply into your hands worth it. I welcomed the blisters from my boots and tried to ignore the salted streets because honestly, would a snow day have been so terrible?

I would have stayed home in my union suit, reading for book club and questioning how many hot chocolates in one day is too many (more than two, I'm afraid-but ghetto mochas don't count!)

I love the slowness of snow days as if the stillness of the air affects time. Somehow I always fit in hours of sledding plus thawing time plus endless pots of hot chocolate that my Mom always seemed to have ready right when we got home from the sledding hill PLUS a viewing of Snow Day, always. But I'll save that for a real snow storm.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures Kerry! Thanks for capturing the pretty morning we had!

    ReplyDelete