It was many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know.

Thursday, June 2

The Projects

So I took a class this spring. Documentation of my whining about how time consuming it was can be found on this blog. Now, however, I find myself missing the busy/tiring/frustrating monday/tuesday/wednesdays.

I mean, I'm sitting here on a Thursday drinking a bottle of prosecco and eating potato salad to avoid cleaning up the plaster dust that is currently coating my entire room like a thin layer of powdered sugar. The only reason I'm not watching Netflix is because I've already watched everything I wanted and I'm too lazy to search for new stuff. Dark times my friends.

But back to my class. We completed two projects, the second of which was a collage. We were to come up with two concepts based on a list of words; one was to be in black and white and the other in color. For my color concept I chose the words "existence" and "reality".

Lauren Sleeping

That's Lauren sleeping. Obviously it's a little more playful than you would imagine based on my word choice. I wanted to do a dream sequence because I honestly have the craziest dreams and I'm sure I've forced most of you to listen to my painstaking descriptions and analysis at least once. It was a lot of fun talking to people about dream images (Drew-chicken eggs with moths inside them, Alli-a dinosaur eating a dragon). I couldn't decide if I should keep or ditch the mountains until the very end, but everyone in my class suggested I keep them. It should be noted that everyone had also drank quite a bit of wine by that point, but isn't it kind of nice to picture yourself soaring over mountains while you sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment