It was many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know.

Thursday, December 16

The National Tree of China Smells like Parmesean Cheese

I know this, because the path along Rose park is lined with big Ginko Trees and I walk along the path every day. In the fall, their fan-shaped leaves turned the most amazing shade of yellow.

Ginko Leaves

A few weeks ago, however, my intimate relationship with the Ginkos began to waiver along when big yellow berries began dropping in my path by the hundreds. Not only is it impossible to avoid smashing five berries with every step, but when crushed, the berries bleed a goopy flesh that smells, in a word, cheesy.

Because I walk through them every day, I have had time to progressivly pinpoint their smell: Bad -> Vomit -> Cheese -> Old Cheese -> Parmesean Cheese -> Wet Parmesean Chesse. And that is exactly what they smell like.

The obvious solution would be to avoid Rose Park in the first few weeks of winter. Allow me, however, to throw this into the mix: Rose Park is also a dog park. So that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment