It was many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know.

Monday, April 11

Foggy Bottom Farmers Market


Last Wednesday was the first Foggy Bottom Farmers Market* since uh...December.

Praise be to God for sunflower and flax seed bread and spinach. And none of that baby spinach shit, I'm talking about hearty and toothsome spinach with flavor that doesn't wilt.
And huzzah for eggs with orange yolks that don't break, because Lord knows I be liking my eggs these days.
Amen I say, amen to parsnips and turnips and spicy bison beef jerky sold to me by a man with a goatee.

Wednesdays just got real good. Now I have just enough time to hit the farmers market and eat a quick dinner to the first 25 minutes of Gilmore Girls before class. Yeah, I like Wednesdays.

*For many months I was not sure if it was Farmers Market or Farmer's Market (note the apostrophe). Is it a gathering of multiple farmers or a market put on by farmers thus making it theirs? Well, it's both, so I took the matter to Google. While it corrected me when I typed in Farmer's Market and not Farmers Market, I was still skeptical. After more Googling, I read the first Farmers Market was intended to sell produce to non-farming folk (and was established in LA). So there you have it, Farmers Market. If you were already aware of this fact, then let this story be an example of the wonders of Google.  Once upon a time I wanted to live in a time without Google, then I stopped reading so much and found gchat. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment