It was many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know.

Monday, April 4

Like up on the Roof, Roof

(Tell your boyfriend not to be mad at me)

The Moon and the Monument
daytime roofing

I guess everyone has a roof (sorry to marginalize all the hobos reading this). Here at The Colonial, we have something between an accessible and inaccessible rooftop, and by that I mean we gots a fire escape and a semi-flat, semi-slanted roof.  From this roof, however, one can see all of Foggy Bottom, some of Georgetown and the Washington Monument.

The climb up is a tad precarious but absolutely worth it. Mom and Dad, please stop reading here.
We've tried to instate a no-drinking-on-da-roof rule, but denying yourself a warm night/beer/roof combo is senseless, senseless I say!

Unseasonably warm weather has allowed me a few roof sessions, one spent eyeballing the Super Moon and the other spent reading/napping with Garden Salsa SunChips and trying to will the sun to freckle my nose.

If you haven't already noticed, clicking on my photos will take you to my flickr where you can sometimes find other goodies, like blurry Drew cupping the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment