It was many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know.

Thursday, April 14

Georgie Cream Cone

Georgie Cream Cone
This is the first thing I did with my Photoshop. THE FIRST THING.

Isn't there something great about a poorly photoshopped photo? I think so.

This is my cousin Georgie, photoshopped onto a ridiculously sprinkly ice cream cone that I ate with my cousins on the Virginia Beach strip. Admittedly, I put these two photos together because they happened to be snapped on the same warm summer day, so they were in the same folder on my computer. I would like to think, however, I was subconsciously creating something that demonstrated the saying "so cute I could eat you with a spoon", because Georgie is one of those cute cousins that you always want to hug (no offense to you other cousins).

Why does that saying exist? Perhaps it explains why I grit my teeth when I pet Koa to keep from, I don't know, biting her? The cuter the object of my affection, the harder I want to squeeze. Is this a survival of the cutest thing where you want to destroy (in my case, by hugging/asphyxiation) that which is cuter than yourself? I don't really know.

I'm not trying to tell you that I literally want to eat Georgie, but there is something that is just perfect about this photo, jagged edges, subliminal messages and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment