It was many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know.

Thursday, May 20

brown bag lunches


whenever i go home my mom packs me a lunch for the next day just as i remember it and just as i like it.

maybe i'm really stretching how long it is socially acceptable to feel like a little kid but it can feel so good when you need it. sometimes i still need my mom and nothing makes me happier than coming home for my dad's ribs or steak or any imaginable red meat you can stick on the grill.

i don't know if i ever went through that don't treat me like a little kid phase. i think it's maybe because i'm the oldest and i always wanted the seemingly easy treatment of the youngest. then again my mom did tell me i used to push her away when i semi-recently insinuated it was her lack of physical contact why i couldn't comfortably hug my friends. sorry mom, you can hug me whenever you want.


now excuse me while i eat my orange slices.

2 comments:

  1. Yeaaaa, don't think we have ever hugged, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.) I love red meat and your family. Just for future reference
    2.) My mom always went to the deli at the grocery store and picked up a sammy or I insisted on having lunchables. I was a principled child.
    3.) I too like being treated like a baby because I am the only little un peau in the heaney family and have become accustomed to being treated like a housecat.
    4.) You were clearly a cold, catherine earnshaw like child.

    ReplyDelete