It was many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know.

Friday, May 21

No hobo.


How did I let this phrase slip from my life?
I was reminded of this gem last night when Alli sent me a text message saying that she was enjoying a 40 with her dinner.

Here's how it works:
Last night I had a 40 with dinner. No hobo.
By the end of the day, my feet are dirty and black. No hobo.

Okay, yeah, the second one refers to me. Ever since the weather has been getting warmer (understatement) I've been wearing flip flops when I walk to and from work. DC is by no means a dirty city, but when I get home the bottoms of my feet are black. Sometimes this causes someone to comment and ask why I'm so dirty and if I ever bother showering and the answer is yes, yes I do. But there is nothing wrong with looking like a street hooligan and there is nothing wrong with not wanting to leave the apartment and enjoying a 40 on your back porch. No hobo.

Oh also I'm so excited to see Monica in a matter of hours because i haven't seen her in nearly half a year. I heard she got really fat!

Update:
I got a pet rat. No hobo.
I found a whole halibut in the trash, score! No hobo.
I am an avid collector of disposable dunkin doughnuts cups. No hobo.
If you try and sleep on my bench I will cut you with a butter knife. No hobo.
I pee in your drinking water. No hobo.

3 comments:

  1. No joke, my grandma reuses McDonalds coffee cups. It is ALL she will drink out of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mon-i-ca, mon-i-ca, monica! monica! monicaaaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaahahah possibly my favorite post yet! This is 75% because it involves me but also (whats the other percent, 25?? I think so) so 25% because JOHN MAYER CAME UP WITH THE IDEA FOR NO HOBO AFTER US AND POSTED IT ON TWITTER! No hobo was a phrase we invented to keep up with the amount of hobo humor we had created in new york city on new years (dude i might just sleep here on the concrete. No hobo. It smells like piss in this subway. No hobo.) And months later mr. aniston, john mayer himself tweeted no hobo. Brill.

    ReplyDelete