It was many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know.

Thursday, May 6

Scrawberry Margaritas

sometimes i read other peoples blogs and they are filled with intellectual thoughts and artistic things and it makes me feel, i dunno, trivial. but then i think about my "readership" (hi plum and grandpa!) and realize they'd probably be a lot more interested in tales of my fabulously interesting life.

so, without further ado, my cinco de mayo spent on the patios and rooftop of Lauriol Plaza in dupont:



does anyone know, exactly, what this cinco de mayo is all about? not mexican independence. something about mexico winning a war against france. people in mexico are probably shaking their heads, but the meaning has become pretty obsolete here. kind of like st. patrick's day, which is another holiday i don't understand because for me it goes 1. my birthday 2. st. patrick's day.

basically all of the pictures i took were of alli because we had to wait 2.5 hours on the patio for our table. we did, however, have a strawberry margarita pitcher.

also, i think my parents sometimes worry about me living in dc but honestly, georgetown is so safe. trees and i were walking back to the apartment, in the middle of the street by the way, and the sketchiest thing we encountered was a lady watering her flowers near midnight. hey lady, you're not foolin' me.

oh and i'd just like to say: scrawberry limenade.

4 comments:

  1. I love the pic of Alli with the straw! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is Alli the only person pictured here??

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry meg, as drinking increases pictures decrease. next time get to the bar earlier because we took pictures and made random friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. heaney! that picture is so cute. make it your new fb picture!

    ReplyDelete