It was many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know.

Friday, June 4

The Land of the Delta Blues

i've come to realize i'm someone who likes to count on things. i'm also someone who can become horribly dissapointed and overreact when the things i count on don't work out.

so, what you're saying is you're not going to make corn on the cob for dinner? really? well that's just great mom, great.
do i really care that much about corn? well, yes. maybe that was a bad example, let's try this:

weatherman/soothsayer: sunny, high of 89 degrees.
god: it's going to rain. you will be wearing your favorite sweater. you will have done your hair for the first time in weeks. mascara will run down your face. this is your life.
do i really care that much about having to walk back to my apartment without an umbrella or my green raincoat (has anyone seen this by the way? i think i lost it)? YES, YES I DO DAMNIT! things need to start being accountable or i'm gonna have to up my medication.

thank god i can always count of WTOP to play "walkin in memphis" every day.
i'll get my camera back this weekend so my posts can stop being so pointless.

1 comment:

  1. PUT ON MY BLUE SUEDE SHOOOOOES AND I BOARDED THE PLANE!! Loves that song. Also I hate it when things I count on don't work out too. Like the time my real dad went out for a carton of cigarettes and never came back...

    P.S. I fully plan on exploiting this by telling you my future plans to do one thing and doing the very opposite (e.g. i'm going to return your copy of marie antoinette. SIKE!)

    ReplyDelete