It was many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know.

Thursday, June 3

i was hiding under your porch because i love you


this photo is not an accurate reflection of my normal commute.
i thought i was going to have a panic attack this morning on the metro.
i had to take a longer route walking to foggy bottom this morning just so i could stay in the shade, but even that didn't keep me from overheating. once i crammed myself onto a train among what i assume to be the tallest men in DC, i realized the air conditioning wasn't on.
my bangs were blanketing my forehead, i could feel my hair rising and frizzing, a briefcase dug into my ribcage and i felt thirsty, so thirtsy. luckily, with the help of a 25% banana republic coupon i dug out of my purse, i was able to fan myself and survive the ride.

i can't remember ever being as hot as i have the past week. yesterday i went to safeway and nearly everything i bought was refreshing. i trudged up wisconsin fully intending to buy bell's two hearted IPA and instead returned with a lime and a pack of coronas.

when i got home, i put my air conditioning on full blast and ate avocado toast in front of the vent.



also, can i please have a pet avocado with a gun?

1 comment:

  1. I heard you have to be careful with pet avocados with guns. They can turn on you really quickly. They just go nuts (get it? Because they have a big nut in the middle??)

    ReplyDelete